The Wilton HS Girls lacrosse program consists of three teams; Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshmen. Each team plays a full schedule in the spring. Program specific pages will be populated with information and schedules as the season begins in late March.
Registration for HS Tryouts is currently open.
1. Register ASAP on www.familyid.com
Coach Meyran would like to have 100% of the HS players registered before 3/10.
Please read this information carefully, and email
with any questions.
2. FINAL Parent meeting- (Players are welcome) scheduled for MONDAY 2/24 at 7:00pm.
We will discuss the tryout process, expectations, and procedures. We will also introduce the coaching staff at each level. Shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes.
3. GAME SCHEDULES are up on our website and the CIAC website.
JV and freshman will likely have additional games.
4. REGISTRATION for Tryouts -Registration IS OPEN.
All student athletes MUST be registered on Family ID in order to participate in tryouts. There are absolutely no exceptions. Here is the link: www.familyid.com please register early, that way if you run into an issue, we have time to fix it. Registration closes on 3/16/20. All students must be registered by this date. After family.id closes, the Athletic Department will assign a time to pick up eligibility tickets. Players will not be allowed to tryout without this ticket.
Physicals must be current and on file with the school nurse in order to participate A student is eligible from 13 months from the date of their physical.
WLA & HS Coaches aren't allowed to collect/hand in physicals.
6. WLA FUNDRAISER- Kick Off Party and Auction is
March 7th at Silver Spring Country Club. Refer to WLA website for details www.wiltonlax.org
7. PRESEASON TRAINING FOR ALL GRADES
Dates are 3/10, 3/15, 3/18 & 3/20 @ Sono Field House. Registration link with details to be sent shortly.
8. TRYOUT DATES & TIMES
- Thursday 3/19 3:30 Fitness Assessment @ track
- Saturday 3/21 9am-1pm
- Sunday 3/22 9am-1pm
- Monday 3/23 3:30pm-5:30pm.
The HS Coaches hope to announce teams on Monday 3/23 after 5:30pm. If for some reason they are not ready to do so, they will hold another tryout session on Tuesday 3/24.
9. WHAT TO BRING -All players must be equipped with their stick, goggles, mouth guard (never hurts to have an extra in your bag), cleats, running sneakers, reversible jersey, appropriate layers, full water bottle, and a light lunch/snack. Please be prepared for whatever the weather will bring! We realize 4 hours is a long time span and can assure you the girls will have ample rest and breaks. Please note eye wear must meet a new certification this year. Anything purchased before 2018 is not currently considered legal. A coupon code will be sent to all WHS/WLA members from lax.com.
Thank you in advance for preparing for the upcoming season and being ready to go!