WLA has coordinated with SONO to offer a Winter Skills Training Clinics at SONO Field House
Winter 1 - Thursdays - 700-815 pm -5 sessions-Nov 11, 18, Dec 2, 9, 16 for $139.00
Sessions will focus on stick work, dodging, shooting and offense/defensive drills.
Due to space availability this program is open to 25 players and is being offered to returning Seniors, Juniors and Sophomores
REGISTRATION is through SONO Field House not the WLA, for your convenience, a direct link is provided http://assn.la/Reg/?r=3:222745
The Wilton HS Girls lacrosse program consists of three teams; Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshmen. Each team plays a full schedule in the spring. Program specific pages on the WLA site will be populated with information and schedules as the season begins in early April.
1. REGISTRATION for Tryouts -Registration IS OPEN.
All student athletes MUST be registered on Family ID in order to participate in tryouts. There are absolutely no exceptions. Here is the link: www.familyid.com please register early, that way if you run into an issue, we have time to fix it. Registration closes on 3/22/21. All students must be registered by this date. After family.id closes, the Athletic Department will assign a time to pick up eligibility tickets. Players will not be allowed to tryout without this ticket.
2. GAME SCHEDULES: will be posted shortly (before 3/19)on our website and the CIAC website. All levels will have scheduled practices and games during spring break, please plan accordingly.
3. PHYSICALS: Physicals must be current and on file with the school nurse in order to participate A student is eligible from 13 months from the date of their physical.
WLA & HS Coaches are no permitted to collect/hand in physicals.
4. PRESEASON Clinic and Pre-Tryout Camp FOR ALL GRADES:
Dates for Clinic at SONO Field House are Thursday March 11 & Friday March 12 8:00pm-9:30pm Cost $80.00
Direct Link to Register: http://assn.la/Reg/?r=1:298906
Dates for Pre-Tryout Camp at SONO Field House are Tuesday 3/23, Wednesday 3/24 & Thursday 3/25 5:00pm- 6:30pm Cost $125.00
Direct Link to Register Online: http://assn.la/Reg/?r=1:298907
5. TRYOUT DATES & TIMES
- Saturday 3/27 9am-1pm
- Sunday 3/28 9am-1pm
- Monday 3/29 3:30pm-6:00pm.
The HS Coaches hope to announce teams on Monday 3/29 after 5:30pm. If for some reason they are not ready to do so, they will hold another tryout session on Tuesday 3/30.
9. WHAT TO BRING -All players must be equipped with their stick, goggles, mouth guard (never hurts to have an extra in your bag), cleats, running sneakers, reversible jersey, appropriate layers, full water bottle, and a light lunch/snack. Please be prepared for whatever the weather will bring! We realize 4 hours is a long time span and can assure you the girls will have ample rest and breaks.
Thank you in advance for preparing for the upcoming season and being ready to go!
Please reach out with any questions.
Parents and Players,
We have a few updates as season approaches.
Mark your calendars!!
- CIAC has announced that Spring Sports can begin practice/tryouts on Saturday 3/27, with the first official game being played 4/10. Our tentative tryout schedule will be Saturday 3/27 9:00-1:00, Sunday 3/28 9:00-1:00, and Monday 3/29 3:30-6:00.
- WLA has secured SONO field house Tuesday 3/23, Wednesday 3/24, and Thursday 3/25 from 5:00pm - 6:30pm for our preseason clinic. The curriculum will closely mirror that of tryouts so it’s a great opportunity for the girls to get out there and get comfortable with the tempo of play and drills that they will see. The registration link will be sent out shortly.
- Pre-season tournament opportunity :: March 21st, Gold Coast Lacrosse is hosting a 5v5 Queen of the hill style tournament to benefit Bridgeport youth lacrosse. Divisions are by grad year so grab some friends and enter, this is a great chance to get out there and compete before starting HS season. Link and details here: https://www.goldcoastlax.com/page/show/6153273-give-and-goal-hs-5v5
More announcements in the days and weeks to follow, in the meantime, let me know if you have any questions.
Welcome to the 2021 Wilton Girls Lacrosse Season!
The purpose of this email is to get everyone organized and to set some expectations for the spring lacrosse season. I trust that if you are available, you have taken advantage of the numerous preseason opportunities that we have offered. If you need further information re: preseason play contact our WLA rep, Lisa Cawley, at
As we have all learned over the past year, this is all fluid and subject to change at any time; our goal is to keep you informed as soon as the information is provided to us.
WHEN: Tryouts will begin Monday 3/29/21 (the day after winter sports ends) 3:30-Dark. They will run for at least 3 days with teams being announced the evening of Wednesday 3/31/21.
WHO: It is our goal to field 3 teams: Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshmen- contingent upon participation numbers. These teams will likely play a local, condensed schedule, competing against FCIAC opponents twice.
WHAT: In order to participate in girls lacrosse tryouts, all student athletes will need to be cleared by the athletic department AND have a current physical on file with the school nurse.
***Please look into this asap, as many doctors offices are booking months in advance. Some pediatricians are requiring clearance from cardiology to return to sports after COVID-19 infection. If your daughter tested positive at any point, follow up with your doctor to determine if you may need an additional appointment for clearance.***
In addition to lacrosse skills, we will also have a fitness assessment component to tryouts. A timed 1.5 mile run (6 laps around the track) and completion of the Manchester sprint workout.
***This year we are asking all Girls Lacrosse Program members to purchase a practice pinnie. The cost is $13/player. We ask that glax players try to stick to a general practice uniform consisting of school colors or neutrals as much as possible. Players may purchase shorts and the ss shirt as their practice uniform which is encouraged. Everything else in the store is completely optional and available for anyone to purchase. We will extend the posted deadline for the store, but please get your orders in asap so we can get the pinnies in time for tryouts!
I will continue to send emails and updates as soon as we receive guidance. In the meantime please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Head Girls Lacrosse Coach
Wilton High School